Book Name: Creativity, Inc.
Book Tagline: Overcoming the Unseen Forces That Stand in the Way of True Inspiration
Originally published: 8 April 2014
Authors: Edwin Catmull and Amy Wallace
Publisher: Transworld Publishers
Nominations: Goodreads Choice Awards Best Business Books
The current president of both Pixar and Disney Animation Studios, Ed Catmull has lived this dilemma all of his life. He succeeded in fulfilling his lifetime dream of creating the first-ever computer-animated movie, and turn Pixar into a trillion dollar company.
His book. Creativity, Inc. is both a journey into the inner workings of Pixar and a textbook for creating an amazing company culture. It is written especially for managers who want to lead their employees to new heights
Story highlights about the true meaning of creativity and wonderful experiences at Pixar and Disney as the blueprint. The principles taught in these book are applicable to both small and large businesses.
If you are from advertising/marketing industry, then this book definitely has something for you.
Here are 7 takeaways that highlights the inside of the book-
- It is better to have a great team in a business than a great ideas
- You should throw long term success ideas in a garbage
- It is necessary for a leader to acknowledge their own shortcomings and listen to the views of their staff
- Combine bad ideas into one solid great idea
- Executing a plan is better than to just daily talk about it
- Build excellent team and never change the culture of company and its employees
- Merger and acquisition created impact on the acquired the company taking under and creates infinite issue in working ethos